ROLE: This position is primarily responsible for the management and supervision of administrative staff and financial processing, financial administration and financial management of the school. The role will provide information to support decision making by the Principal to ensure ongoing financial viability of the school.
• Leading and managing administrative staff including:
a) Supervise administration staff including canteen and uniform shop personnel
b) Provide training and feedback for administration staff
c) Manage contractors including school maintenance
d) Co-ordinate leave and relief for administrative staff
e) Contribute to ‘extended leadership team’ meetings
• Preparation and maintenance of school financial records including:
a) Prepare bank reconciliations on a weekly basis for the general bank account and a monthly basis for all other school accounts including credit card and, if applicable, term deposits
b) Prepare and lodge the monthly Business Activity Statement
c) Complete monthly reconciliations for balance sheet items including fixed assets, loans, leases, GST and miscellaneous clearing accounts.
d) Generate and present monthly financial statements for review by the Principal including Statement of Income and Expenditure, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and associated documentation
e) Summarise and present monthly financial statements for review by the School Advisory Committee including Statement of Income and Expenditure, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and associated documentation
f) Maintain school fixed asset register
g) Liaise with school leadership regarding applicable budget allocations and expenditure
h) Maintain CDF signatories, credit cards, ATO authorised contacts
i) Maintain project control sheets for capital projects in progress
• Complete financial compliance requirements including:
a) Prepare and upload requirements for the interim and final external financial audit process
b) Complete all end of financial year requirements and post balance day adjustments
c) Provide documents to assist with preparation of the financial reporting pack for audit
d) Complete the annual financial statement collection (AFS) and address Financial Questionnaire (FQ) issues as communicated
e) Complete the Collection of Statistical Information (COSI) for CEWA
f) Develop, monitor, and maintain the annual budget and complete a mid-year budget review
g) Assist with the preparation of Fringe Benefits Tax return data and submission of the return to CEOWA Finance Team
• Undertake the accounts receivable function for the school including:
a) Receive and receipt monies payable to the school, including P&F monies, ensuring appropriate cash handling and banking procedures are maintained
b) Generation of all invoices including school fees, associated charges and sundry items
c) Preparation and maintenance of school fee direct debit schedules
d) Application of receipts to debtor accounts
e) Administration of school fee concessions and discounts
f) Administration of school fee debt collection
g) Administration of school fee enrolment deposits and application fees (if applicable)
h) Preparation of monthly school fee reconciliations
• Undertake the accounts payable function for the school including:
a) Manage the procurement and purchase of supplies for the school
b) Payment of invoices in a timely manner and in accordance with payment terms
Assist with the administration of the payroll function for the school including:
a) Assist with the setting up employee contracts
b) Process payroll journals as required, at least on a fortnightly basis
• Undertake duties of the school office including:
a) Assist with providing informed and friendly customer service to all students and caregivers.
b) Other duties as directed by the Principal or designate.
Commitment to Child Safety
• Be familiar with the CEWA Child Safe Framework and its underpinning concepts.
• Undertake Child Protection Procedures and Mandatory Reporting training on an annual basis.
• Take a shared responsibility to ensure ongoing support for a child-safe culture within the Catholic Education system.
Commitment to School’s Key Initiatives
• Be familiar with School’s key initiatives and take action to contribute to their achievement.
Occupational Safety and Health
• Take a shared responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of self and others within the workplace.
• Report any unsafe practices or equipment in accordance with procedures.
• Promote and uphold CEWA as a diverse and inclusive employer.
• Contribute to the achievement of a positive and effective team and work environment.
• Provide active witness to the Code of Ethical Conduct.
• Commit to the objectives and ethos of Catholic Education.
• Be familiar with, and put into practice, the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia Strategic Directions 2019 – 2023.