Closing Date: 19/11/2021
St Brigid’s Primary School, Middle Swan, is currently seeking an Education Assistant to join our team of committed educators for the 2022 school year. The successful applicant will be working in a variety of year levels, with a fluid timetable which allows the needs of the students to be met. The successful applicant must be qualified, live out their faith in their daily lives and be passionate about students’ learning and development.
- Willingness to be a part of a collaborative, dedicated and enthusiastic staff.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, resourcefulness and a passion for education.
- The capacity and enthusiasm to build positive and constructive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
- Be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
- A willingness to work constructively and positively with teacher direction as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively as part of a team.
- Display a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Minimum Certificate III Education Assistant.
- Certificate IV Teacher Assistant Qualification is highly desirable.
- Accreditation to Work in a Catholic School, or the ability to progress towards Accreditation.
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, addressed to the Principal, including the names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current or most recent employer.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia. Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
In applying for this position you will be providing personal information to the School. This information will be used in order to assess your application for employment. A current National Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia must also be included. The appropriate Criminal History Record Check form is available from the Department of Education website.
On appointment successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Application forms are available at certain Australia Post Outlets throughout the State. A list of participating Australia Post outlets can be found on the Australia Post website . An application for a WWC must be made in person.