Playgroup takes place on Monday mornings 9:00-11:00am in the Pre-Kindy classroom. Please note that playgroup will not take place on pupil free days, public holidays and school holidays. Our playgroup is unique, as it is facilitated by an experienced Early Childhood Teacher.
Playgroup presents a wonderful opportunity for similarly aged children and their parents to gather. Research shows that playgroup is of benefit to both children and parents. Children are able to further their social development, while parents have the opportunity to receive support and knowledge from others.
Our playgroup aims to:
- Offer a stimulating environment for your child to play with others
- Allow children to explore, develop and build on many skills already established
- Provide a chance to meet other families in our community
- Offer support and encouragement to parents
- Help parents develop a wonderful support network
Below are some general guidelines for the St Brigid’s Primary School playgroup:
- Parents/caregivers are responsible for the safety and supervision of the children they bring
- Playgroup is open for children aged 0-4
- Every child has a right to safe and fair play
- All members are valued and respected, fully understanding that all participants are at their own individual and unique developmental stage
- Our Code of Conduct applies to all playgroup attendees
- All families are welcome
- If parents or children are unwell, they are to stay home
- We are a SunSmart playgroup
- We are an allergy aware school (no peanuts please)
Parents are to bring their child’s hat, water bottle and a healthy snack.
To help cover the cost of materials, tea and coffee, parents are to make a gold coin donation each week. This is to be paid when entering the playgroup room, not at the school office.