St Brigid’s has been recognised in the 2019 Catholic Education LEAD awards for the Drumming Program.
The drumming Program received a Merit award in recognition of this wonderful program.
The awards recognise and reward CEWA schools for meaningful initiatives or programs created to provide their students with outstanding outcomes for students and align with the values of Learning, Engagement, Accountability and Discipleship.
The drumming group is an opportunity to explore the world of drumming as well as developing and fostering friendships. Throughout sessions, the group will explore relationships, feelings and working together as part of a team – important skills for us all to have in life.
• It promotes right and left hand co-ordination
• It develops hand – eye co-ordination
• It helps to release feelings sometimes difficult to express in healthy ways
• It provides instruction which encourages focus, discipline and the ability to follow directions
• It builds self-confidence (there is no such thing as failing in drumming)
• It is uplifting and energetic
• It encourages new friendships and interactions with others, and
• IT IS FUN!
Congratulations to Ms Alison Yeo and Ms Laurie Eveson in making this possible and the students involved.